Thanks! You're now subscribed to our newsletter!
How a nomination works:
- Anybody can nominate a child. The child must fit into the criteria of "Life limiting or terminally ill"
- Each nomination will be viewed by our panel for approval.
- If the nomination is approved you will receive an email with your own log in panel, where you can track the progress of your child's bear.
- If you allow us to share your child's story they will have their very own page on our website where you can share to help us find a sponsor. You will also be allocated a Facebook shout out and your child will be put in our "looking for sponsors album".
- We will Email/text you to inform you that your child is appearing in that days shoutouts. We ask parents to share on their own Facebook page to reach greater exposure
- We cannot put a time on how long it takes to find a sponsor.
- Once a sponsor has been found, your child's bear is allocated to one of our Co-ordinators to produce.
- We aim to have the bear ready to be posted in 3-4weeks. In exceptional circumstances we can do it within 24 hours. Please message us if you require a quicker turnaround for your bear.
- Once embroidered an email for collection/postage is sent to the person who nominated the child for a bear. Each bear is sent out recorded delivery (There is a £5 charge) *Please note your postage is updated manually on the system and can take 48 hours to show
- Once postage is paid, certificates are written, bags printed and photos taken of each bear. The bear is then sent out to your child.
- The photo is placed in to a "thank you frame" and added to Facebook page.
- The sponsor receives an email of the bear in the thank you frame and a certificate is posted out via Royal Mail.
- Each bear is taken to the post office for sending out. Please note some co-ordinators can only get to the post office once a week.
- Your admin panel is updated and the parcel's tracking number logged this may take 48 hours to show on your login
- If your nomination is declined you will be offered a Self Sponsorship Be Brave Bear. The procedure is the same but we will not need to shout out or put the nominations application on our website or social media platforms.
How a sponsorship works:
- The cost of each bear is £30.00
- You can sponsor a Be Brave Bear by completing the form in the sponsor area of our website.
- You are able to sponsor a child by reading their stories on our children page or you can use the sponsor form and we will allocate you sponsorship to the child who fits your criteria.
- Once the child has received their bear you will receive a thank you photograph via e-mail of the completed bear and a sponsorship certificate with the name of the child who you have sponsored.
- Each bear is allocated a number and will appear on our Roll of Honour
- If the child that you have sponsored has already got sponsorship for their bear, your sponsorship will be automatically allocated to the child next on the list (Priority order).
Keep up to date up with all our latest bits and pieces: